Yeah, back when I got married eons ago, it was just after disposable camera era. Remember those? When people bought special wedding disposable cameras and put them on the tables for guests to take pictures? Anyway, my guests sent me CD’s of their pictures.Now everyone posts pictures instantly on Facebook after the wedding.
Facebook is great, but it isn’t permanent. The bride and groom need your actual photo files. Trust me, send them to the couple and they will love you forever. Quite a few pictures in my wedding scrapbook were taken by friends and family.
But wait, aren’t the files too big to send over email? I have a solution: you upload the files to Google Docs and have the couple download them.
How to Share Original Photo Files with the Bride & Groom
First, once you are done editing the photos (optional), zip the files together.
- Review photos, edit and delete as necessary.
- Zip the folder of photos together.
- Upload the Zip file to GoogleDocs/GoogleDrive
- Share uploaded file with the couple.
- Delete the uploaded file after the couple has downloaded the pictures (they will have to tell you that they’ve done this).
Not sure how to do any of this? Leave me a comment and I’ll explain.
The Wedding Flickr Account
If you are planning your wedding, consider setting up a Flickr account for your wedding pictures. My friend Maryal did this a few weeks ago for her wedding and handed out these cute cards to all her guests.